Sunbury Christian Academy is founded upon the belief that all truth is from God and is revealed in the inspired and infallible Word of God.
The most effective education takes place in an atmosphere where God is honored, His Word taught, and all academic subjects and activities are viewed through the filter of scripture. The following statements represent the heartfelt convictions of each board member, administrator, teacher, and staff member at the school.
- “All Scripture is given by the inspiration of God” and is without error in its original writings. (II Timothy 3:16, II Peter 1:21)
- God is the Creator, Sustainer, and Sovereign of the universe. (Gen 1:1-31, John 1:1-14, Isaiah 40:28, Isaiah 45:18, Hebrews 1:3, Daniel 4:17, Exodus 15:6, Job 37:23, John 13:3, Colossians 2:10)
- God has revealed Himself to man through creation, the Bible, and the Incarnation. (Romans 1:20, Luke 24:26-7, Luke 16:31,Luke 24:44, John 1:1-14, John 17:14)
- There is one Triune God, eternally existent as the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit who created man by a direct, immediate act. (Matthew 28:19, John 10:30, Genesis 1:1)
- Jesus Christ is God. He pre-existed in heaven, was sent by God the Father to be born of a virgin, and lived a sinless life so that He could redeem sinful man and reconcile him to God by His substitutionary death on the cross. (Luke 1:35, Ephesians 1:7, Hebrews 4:15 & 7:26).
- Jesus Christ is the only one who can bring man to a saving relationship with God. (John 8:58, Hebrews 12:2, Matthew 28:19, John 1:1-14, Hebrews 1:3, 1 Thessalonians 5:9, 2 Timothy 2:10, Acts 4:12, John 10:9, Acts 15:11)
- The Holy Spirit is God and is the One who indwells the Christian, convicting him of sin, illuminating the truth of God to him and empowering him to obey God. (Psalm 51:11, Matthew 28:19, Mark 13:11, John 14:26, Acts 4:31, 2 Timothy 1:14, Titus 3:5, Ephesians 1:13)
- All are sinners, separated from God, and can be saved from eternal damnation by grace (alone), through faith in Jesus Christ. (Romans 3:10 & 23, Ephesians 2:8-10)
- Fellowship with God can only be restored through salvation in Christ. (I Thessalonians 5:9, 2 Timothy 3:15, Hebrews 9:28, Acts 4:12)
- The Bible reveals who God is, what He has done, and His standard of conduct for man. (Psalm 119, John 19:28, Galatians 3:8, Galatians 3:22, 2 Timothy 3:16, James 2:8, Exodus 20:1-21, Joshua 22:5)
- We believe in the spiritual unity of all true believers in the Lord Jesus Christ. Our lives should honor and glorify God and bear witness of God’s saving grace through the ministry of the Holy Spirit in our lives. Romans 8:9 & 13-14, Galatians 3:26, I Corinthians 3:16, Ephesians 4:30
Since SCA adheres to a Biblical worldview, Scriptural values and principles permeate every aspect of SCA.