EDUCATIONAL IMPROVEMENT TAX CREDIT PROGRAM/SCHOLARSHIPS
Download Document: Educational Improvement Tax Credit Program – PDF
Put your tax dollars where your values are!
You can decide where your Pa tax money goes!
Businesses eligible to apply for the Education Improvement Tax Credit (EITC) are businesses authorized to do business in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania that are subject to one or more of the following taxes:
- Capital Stock/Foreign Franchise Tax
- Corporate Net Income Tax
- Bank Shares Tax
- Title Insurance & Trust Company Shares Tax
- Insurance Premium Tax (excluding surplus lines, unauthorized, domestic/foreign marine)
- Mutual Thrift Tax
- Malt Beverage Tax
- Retaliatory Fees under section 212 of the Insurance Company Law of 1921
- Personal Income Tax (s-corp. shareholders or partners in an LLC/LLP. “Pass-through entities” may transfer credits to the owners of the companies to be used against their PA Personal Income Tax Liability)
If you are eligible and would like your tax dollars to be spent where you choose, please follow these simple steps to make a difference in the lives of young people and families in your local communities.
- Go to newpa.com
- Go to Programs and Funding
- Click on single application
- Log in (this is a one time registration that must be completed. Make a user name and password
- Enter your account information. Be sure to click FOR PROFIT when it asks you what you are applying for.
- Simply follow the Application Process. Be sure to save your work before exiting the program.
If you have any questions or would like help with your application please contact Brenda Boughner at email@example.com or call 570-473-7592. If you do not have the time to fill out the application please contact Brenda and she will assist in getting it done!
Notice of Approval
Once your business receives a written approval letter from the PA Department of Community & Economic Development (DCED), you may make your contribution in the amount stated on the application. Please note that you must send your contribution within 60 days of the date on the approval letter to:
Sunbury Christian Academy
135 Spruce Hallow Rd
Northumberland Pa 17857
Upon receipt of your contribution Sunbury Christian Academy will send you a written letter acknowledging your gift. We will forward this letter to the PA Department of Community & Economic Development (DCED) within 90 days of the date on your approval letter .
- YOUR TAX CREDITS MUST BE USED IN THE SAME YEAR
- DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS:
- May 16, 2016 Participating businesses that have fulfilled their 2 year commitment and wish to apply for another 2 years. Businesses that are in the middle of their 2 year commitment.
- July 1, 2016 Participating businesses applying for another 1 year commitment and businesses applying for the first time.